The Student News Site of Mayfield Senior School

The Mayfield Crier

The Mayfield Crier

The Mayfield Crier

‘Anne Frank’ Takes the Stage!

Cast of Anne Frank visit an interactive Global Crisis Center to learn more about the recent disasters that have happened since after the Holocaust. Kendall Lee states, “It was very eye-opening to see how we have harmed the earth socially and physically and how we can work to change our behaviors and way of thinking.”

School’s back and so is the Fall Play! During the first week of school, aspiring actors at Mayfield Senior School headed to Pike Auditorium to audition for the Fall Play, Anne Frank! It’s been an exciting time to showcase their talents to Theatre Conservatory director, Maryanne Householder, as well as the two student directors, Audrey Arias ‘25 and Lara Georgian ‘25. 

The two main technical directors for this production, Lily Padilla ’25 and Kendall Lee ’25, as well as two additional theater technicians Alex Dow ’27, and Sofia Leon ’27, are crucial contributors to the set building process. The technical personnel have already begun creating the props necessary for the production. 

“The cast and crew are making a lot of progress,” said Ivy Barron ’25 who was cast to play Anne’s older sister, Margot, in the play.  “They have been spending a lot of time learning about the history of not just Anne’s life, but also the lives of her family members and the family that was staying with the Franks.” According to Barron, the rehearsals are going really well.  

The cast and crew are reportedly diving deep into the material and taking the time to fully understand the context of the story. 

In September the group visited  the Museum of Tolerance to research the lives of the Franks. See the Mayfield Minute here.