Mayfield Minute: Arts Jam!

Mayfield Crier

Anna Pruyn ‘23 and Claire Pruyn ‘26 perform the song Graceland Too by Phoebe Bridgers, bringing their audience to tears.

On Friday, January 27, 2023, Mayfield’s Arts Council, a student-led committee composed of representatives from each of the school’s conservatories, hosted their annual Arts Jam in Commons, an open-mic night where Mayfield’s artists have the opportunity to perform anything they’d like– from singing a song or reading a poem, to sharing a comedy sketch. The theme this year was “City of Stars”, inspired by the Director Damien Chazelle’s La La Land. With the use of candles, projectors, strings of lights as well as couches, and black tables, the Arts Council transformed the Student Commons into a cozy and dreamy room ready to host the students.

The audience was truly supportive of all performers, and the atmosphere was very lively and inviting. Some performers included Sarah Brennan ‘24, Monica Zepeda ‘24, Madison Rojas’23, and Chloe Leong ‘24. While listening to the performances, students enjoyed pizza, soda, and treats, provided by the Arts Council. It was a memorable night.