The Student News Site of Mayfield Senior School

The Mayfield Crier

The Mayfield Crier

The Mayfield Crier

Three Minute Book Review: The Shining by Stephen King

(Courtesy of https://stephenking.com/works/novel/shining.html)

What would you do if you saw the unthinkable? For Danny Torrence, seeing the unthinkable is normal.

The Shining by Stephen King is a thrilling story about Jack Torrence and his family, following their move to the Overlook Hotel where they face a series of horrors that follow them wherever they go.

When Jack Torrence, a recovering alcoholic and troubled man, acquires a job at The Overlook, a hotel in need of a caretaker, he immediately jumps at the opportunity. He moves in with his wife and son, who immediately knows that this hotel is more than meets the eye. When Danny, the son, explores the hotel, he realizes that not everyone can see what he does, including corpses, monsters, and blood scattered throughout the hotel.When the hotel decides to target Jack and His family too, it turns into a never ending nightmare.

This book is a thriller that you will start and not want to put down.I am personally not the biggest fan of horror, but I have to admit, it kept me wanting more. I definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves a nail-biting horror that will capture your imagination and not let go!