The Student News Site of Mayfield Senior School

The Mayfield Crier

The Mayfield Crier

The Mayfield Crier

Mayfield Minute: First Spirit Assembly Featuring Rock Child

During the first spirit assembly of the year Maddie B ‘25 and Sofia L ‘27 led the white team to victory by collecting 96 plastic balls during the Hungry Hippo game.

Mayfield held its first spirit assembly with a special performance by Mayfield’s beloved faculty band, Rock Child. 

Mr. Ron Castelo, a lead vocalist in the band, explained that Rock Child chose to perform “Under the Boardwalk,” because they had our Mayfield community in mind. “Mayfield is a place you can have fun,” said Castelo, adding that all the members of Rock Child love performing in the band because they all shared an interest to become “rockstars.”  For them, Castelo said, “Rock Child is the dream that did not come true.” 

Another exciting event at the assembly was the spirit games hosted by Student Council. Some of the games that were played were Hungry Hungry Hippo, a puzzle relay race, and a faculty game of musical chairs. The red and white team showcased their competitive sides during the assembly with the Red Team winning the most points this time around. Student Council will be collecting points for the Red team and White team throughout the year, which will be added to the final tally during Spirit Week competitions.