Mayfield Minute: Primavera

Mayfield Crier

Annika Mashiko performing her poem “Pencil Pressure” at Mayfield’s Primavera Arts Festival.

Mayfield’s Conservatory for the Arts Programs and AP Art classes showcased their work from the 2022-2023 school year at the Primavera Arts Festival. The event started in Strub Hall’s first floor gallery with a display of visual arts and a sneak peek into a Cubs Student News broadcast. Later, families gathered in Pike Auditorium and viewed student portfolios from AP Studio Art, AP Photography, and Film and Media Conservatory. Creative Writing Conservatory students performed a live reading of their poems which are featured in this year’s literary journal, Colophon 2023, a wonderful collection of Creative Writing students’ writing ranging from poetry to memoir to dramatic writing. 

Students were honored through the Arts Recognition ceremony, where they were congratulated for their contributions to Mayfield’s Conservatories for the Arts. The night concluded with the production “You’d Never Know,” written and performed by Mayfield’s very own Advanced Theatre class. Congratulations to all of Mayfield’s artists who performed!